Volunteers who are 55+ years-old can opt in to participating in the AmeriCorps Seniors Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Our team will connect you with meaningful volunteer opportunities that match your skills, experience, and schedule. Whatever your interests, you will make a difference in your community. Volunteers can serve in Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties with projects that focus on Education, Health, and Income – the building blocks for a good quality of life. Click here to submit a volunteer inquiry form to get started!
The benefits for AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers include:
- One-on-one consultation to find the perfect volunteer opportunity for you
- Ongoing support from AmeriCorps Seniors staff
- Mileage reimbursement of up to $40 per month
- Free Supplemental Volunteer Insurance ($1M Liability; $50K Medical; $500 Dental)
- Volunteer trainings and Volunteers United community events
- Annual volunteer appreciation event
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN HOW TO LOG YOUR HOURS
Contact our AmeriCorps Seniors team!
Stephanie Elsass, AmeriCorps Seniors Program Manager, 360-943-2773 x120
Please note: We are no longer running the Reading Buddies program. However, we welcome volunteers who still want to volunteer with our local schools through AmeriCorps Seniors. Opportunities may include reading support as well as other areas such as math, art, or other school needs. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!