Right from the Start is a free, early learning center for parents with children ages birth to five. We support parents as their child's first and most important teacher. We help parents increase their skills and knowledge to support their child's healthy development, school readiness and success.
Right from the Start parent resource center is located inside Rochester Primary School.
The Right from the Start site coordinator connects parents with information, programs, classes and events to make the most of parenting in the early years. To reach the program coordinator, Nancy Villanueva, please call 360.388.8875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. TOGETHER! is our Right from the Start partner agency.
What Right from the Start Offers:
- Outreach to families with young children
- Parents as Teachers group connections
- Ready! for Kindergarten classes for parents
- Story Time in English and Spanish
- Community Cafes for parent connections
- Calendar Time Play & Learn groups in your neighborhood
- Information from local agencies servicing children and families
- First Teacher newsletter each month
- Kindergarten Readiness Calendar
- Connections to school before kindergarten
- Family events for all
- Referrals to support organizations
- Early Intervention and referrals
- Free visits to the Hands on Children's Museum
- Incentives for participants
The Thurston Early Childhood Coalition
Right from the Start is a United Way of Thurston County Success By 6 Initiative designed to increase the number of children who start school ready to succeed.