On June 7, United Way of Thurston County (UWTC) and Thurston County Public Health and Social Services recognized President’s Volunteer Service Award recipients. These individuals served between 100 and 470 hours in the last year supporting the vaccine clinics in Thurston County.
We honored the following individuals
- Kim Yee volunteered 473 hours
- Sandra Hallstrom, volunteered 466 hours
- Tobias Klotz volunteered 422 hours
- Deborah Barnett volunteered 244 hours
- Martin Balikov volunteered 204 hours
- Christine Hall volunteered 195 hours
- Clade “Terry” Sullivan volunteered 185 hours
- Laurie O’Brien volunteered 198 hours
- Brenda Paull volunteered 144 hours
- Sharon Graham volunteered 145 hours
- Kelly Laidlaw volunteered 133 hours
- Deborah Dohrmann volunteered 127 hours
- Marj Shomshor volunteered 113 hours
- Kathryn McKay volunteered 106 hours
- Michael Page volunteered 116 hours
- Jeanne Koenings volunteered 113 hours
- Nancy Mills volunteered 101 hours
- Pamela Meredith volunteered 101 hours
In addition to these volunteers, UWTC and TCPHSS recognized the thousands of volunteers who gave their time at a second event in early June held at the Thurston County Fairgrounds.
These volunteers served between 100 and 470 hours in the last year! We are so grateful for our volunteer superheroes. Thank you also to our event sponsors, O Bee Credit Union, Dancing Goats Coffee, Panera Bread, and Jim Leonard, who helped make this event extra special.