Working at United Way:
United Way of Thurston County is a stable, well-respected community organization that works through two avenues to achieve community impact and fight poverty. First, we raise funds that currently support numerous local programs focused on Education, Income or Health. Secondly, we mobilize people and resources to address critical community problems through our Early Learning Initiative, Community Grant-making, AmeriCorps Seniors Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), and AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA). We have strong ties to the business, nonprofit, government and faith communities, and work with more than 700 volunteers annually. At United Way we promote giving, advocating and volunteering as ways to become involved with our community and advance the common good for all.
Non-Clinical COVID-19 Vaccination Volunteer Program Manager
- Experience in volunteer management, workforce mobilization, emergency management, public health or related fields preferred
- Training and/or experience in designing and executing volunteer programs
- Strong database management skills; volunteer management database and/or software experience preferred
- Ability to manage groups of individuals from a diverse array of backgrounds and cultures, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, focusing on the ability to communicate complex information in a way that is clear and easily understood, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex schedules and fast-moving, rapidly changing environments
- Creative problem-solver, able to think quickly, and apply efficient solutions as needed to support the ongoing goals of the program
- Excellent organizational skills for maintaining electronic and manual record-keeping systems, tracking workloads and staffing, amongst other items
- Familiarity with Thurston County community preferred
- Prior management experience preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and extended hours required when necessary
Essential Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program and Volunteer Management
- Support the rollout of Thurston County Public Health and Social Services’ (TCPHSS) vaccination program by planning and developing all aspects of the COVID-19 Volunteer Vaccination Program operations, including a non-clinical volunteer program for one or more high volume vaccination sites in Thurston County, in collaboration with other Community Engagement team members. The emphasis is on creating an exemplary program that meets or exceeds established contract deliverables.
- Develop and execute policies and procedures for a comprehensive Non-Clinical COVID-19 Volunteer Vaccination Program, including recruiting, training, placing, and managing volunteers for TCPHSS’ vaccination program.
- Supervise one to three COVID-19 Vaccination Site Non-Clinical Volunteer Coordinators.
- Collaborate with Coordinator(s) and TCPHSS to establish schedules and coordinate volunteer activities such as volunteer scheduling and capacity assessment.
- Develop and maintain close coordination and relationships with Thurston County Public Health and Social Services as the lead agency for this effort along with other program stakeholders.
- Follow and support a comprehensive COVID-19 safety and health protocols for volunteers in partnership with internal and external subject matter experts.
- Arrange for formal recognition of program volunteers, organizations, and individuals who have contributed to mobilizing the caring power of our communities.
- Enhance the total efforts of the program through active involvement with community organizations, where appropriate.
- Support TCPHSS’ lead on public relations efforts by coordinating necessary volunteer communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain all required and recommended program and budget documents including submitting accurately budgets and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective relationships with all funders including keeping them apprised of program developments, changes and impacts.
- Maintain data and records to support performance metrics on volunteer mobilization and activities.
- Approximately 70% of the work of this position is completed remotely while sitting at a desk, using a computer and phone. Requires talking, hearing, and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions.
- Approximately 30% of the work of this position is spent at vaccination sites. Requires ability to travel in a personal vehicle and occasionally includes reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 50 pounds for equipment, supplies, and materials.
Job Type: Full-time 40 hours per week, temporary
Job Duration: 1-year anticipated depending on contract with Thurston County Public Health and Social Services. As the lead agency, TCPHSS maintains the right to cancel the contract at any time.
Pay Range for Position: $16.50-$21.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.